[maker-devel] MAKER chooser algorithm

Carson Holt carsonhh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:48:21 MDT 2018

Sorry for the slow reply. Your e-mail was marked as spam for some reason by the e-mail list software, and I only review the spam folder on the list server every few weeks.

For the first one, you must have at least one piece of bridging evidence (perhaps blastx) or the two groups of evidence are within pred_flank= distance of each other (default is 200bp), which would cause the groups to cluster and create one evidence block. For that reason AED ends up being better for the merged model.

For the second one, it is the Augustus ab initio model itself that bridges the evidence cluster and it receives a better AED than the split model. The evidence clustering algorithm used for scoring is simple overlap clustering (no edges get broken). But you can use deFusion (https://wjidea.github.io/defusion/ <https://wjidea.github.io/defusion/>) to post process MAKER results, it will do a more complex analysis to break weekly supported edges on clusters and rebuild models the where appropriate.

—Carson