[maker-devel] maker pipeline 2nd round updating augustus

Giroux, Emily (CFIA/ACIA) Emily.Giroux at inspection.gc.ca
Tue Jan 23 13:35:06 MST 2018

Hi,

I completed a first round of Maker, followed by snap and BUSCO to train augustus. I then placed the newly-trained species-specific augustus files in the augustus species directory and used this for my second round of maker.

What I'm wondering now is whether I should repeat this process after completeing round 2 of maker, and follow this with using BUSCO to retrain the augustus files again and replace the previous species-specific libraries from round 1 with those from round 2 and use these as input for my third round of maker.

Thank-you very much,

Emily