[maker-devel] Maker run problems - BLAST makeblastdb failed

Carson Holt carsonhh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:20:21 MST 2018

You set TMP=makertmp. That is likly not a true locally mounted location (i.e. it’s network mounted). In which case you will hit a race condition where files you just created don’t become readable for a few milliseconds to seconds after creation under heavy IO load. Alternatively it is locally mounted, but only exists on a single node and you are running it on a cluster (other nodes cannot cross access local nodes).

Unless your cluster setup has a specific location for locally mounted temporary scratch space, you should not set TMP=. Just let it default to /tmp which is almost always locally mounted.

—Carson